We are already so excited to welcome you back to campus on October 24-27, 2019 for Stanford Reunion Homecoming and we are thrilled to begin building Reunion Committees early.
The goal is to convince a wide spectrum of classmates to sign up to volunteer so we're getting broad and inclusive outreach. The best Class Books (and reunions) are the ones where everyone reads about someone they know or reconnects with an old acquaintance.
What do you do?
This effort is all about getting your classmates to submit a Class Book page beginning in mid-March 2019. What do reunion volunteers do to encourage Class Book participation? You could call, text and email friends and dormmates or you can post on social media to encourage them to submit their Class Book pages.
How much time will this take?
It’s up to you. For example, it might take you 10 minutes in March to text your five closest friends to remind them to fill out their Class Book information. If that is all you can do, that’s great. If you can do more, even better. (If you think you might have 4 hours a month to give and want to talk about a larger leadership role, let us know.)
What are the benefits?
Volunteering has its rewards!
- Names of volunteers will be published in the Class Book and on the Stanford Reunion Homecoming website
- Volunteers get credit on their permanent Stanford record for volunteer service to the university
- You will be invited to a VIP volunteer reception hosted by Stanford's president on October 24, 2019
- At reunion check-in, receive with volunteer pin and ribbon on your reunion nametag designating you as a volunteer
- Most importantly, reunion volunteers report that their reunion experience is enhanced because of the meaningful contacts they made with classmates prior to the reunion
THANK YOU for considering to volunteer for your reunion. Stanford and your classmates will be truly grateful for the time and energy you will give to your class.